Ostomy Pouch Covers
Sandy's Patch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old
About Me
Picture
Bible Believing Christian - Ostomate (colostomy) since July 2021 - I Love My country - I Believe in the Sovereignty of Nations, Free Speech, Brexit, and the Kingdom to Come.
Member Navigation
Sandy's Patch Quick Chat
Sandy's Patch Forum

Ostomy Pouch Covers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
Birthday : 1st Nov
UK

Ostomy Pouch Covers Empty
PostOstomy Pouch Covers

Ostomy Pouch Covers Stoma_10

I was not aware until about 8 months after having my ostomy bag that some people made/sold pretty covers for our pouches.  I discovered it by seeing an image that a chap had posted on Twitter with his bag hanging over the top of his summer shorts.  What caught my eye was that it was of the Welsh National Flag. I clicked to like his post, and then because I thought it was a great idea to wear a pretty cover I instantly thought how about making one or more for myself.

Before attempting to make one myself, I set about looking to see if some Ostomates not only made their own but made them to sell to give me an idea of how to make one.  Etsy I thought would be the best place to look.

I found a lady who lived in Wales that I really liked the patterns of the covers she made.  I ordered just the one to see if it would fit my bag, and also see if she was a good seamstress before I ordered anymore.

See photo of the Bumble Bees.  Lovely cover.  Well made, a little extra give inside and easy to get on and off.  “Perfect” I thought.  So I set about making one myself.

The most difficult part of drawing out and cutting out the pattern for one was to get the size of the hole at the back of the pouch just right, which is the part where the bag comes through once the bag is stuck to ones skin.  Too large and it would slip off the pouch and to small and it wouldn't go over the bag.

The best thing about wearing a cover is that the actual bag isn’t touching the skin making it sweaty and sometimes irritating.  No need to wear special undies with a pouch pocket inside.

The one on image on the left is what I bought from Etsy for a pattern and the two images middle and right are the front and back of the one I made.

They've both been worn and washed a few times and as I do not iron them they do look a bit wrinkled.  I keep meaning to make myself some more.  I will get around to it soon.
Back to top Go down
https://sandyspatch.board-directory.net/u1wall
Share this post on: reddit

Ostomy Pouch Covers :: Comments

Cissy
Re: Ostomy Pouch Covers
Post Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:45 am by Cissy
I'm so sorry you have to have a bag.  I knew someone a long time ago that had an ileostomy bag, he explained the difference between an ileostomy and colostomy.  He said it didn't really change his life much, he could still live a normal life.  He even gave it a name, lol.  I think he called it Bob.
Cissy
Post Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:48 am by Cissy
Oh and wearing a pretty bag cover looks interesting.  It would make the bag look better if you have to undress in front of someone.  Very clever.
Zandranna
Post Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:48 pm by Zandranna
My life has actually changed for the better since the op and having the bag. There are certain foods I'm not supposed to eat due to possible blockage but apart from that I am a lot healthier now. I was very ill for several years beforehand.

I too gave mine a name while still in hospital. I call her Hettie. One of my neighbours where I lived before called her's Boris.
Post  by Sponsored content

Ostomy Pouch Covers

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sandy's Patch :: The Blog :: Crafty Corner-
Jump to: